Sunday 23 February 2014

Storyboarding Practice.

I have recently been drawing a small thumbnail of every frame in how to train your dragon in order to gain a little bit more knowledge on the ins and outs of storyboarding. I'm currently 30 mins, 477 shots and over 650 thumbnails in mainly focusing on looking at composition as well as the position of the camera, different lens types, lengths of shots etc.


I stole the idea from Emma Coats who is by her own definition a, 'freelance director of films, boarder of story, and sometime public speaker' as well as a previous Dreamworks & PIXAR storyboard artist. I would highly recommend the exercise to anyone interested in storyboarding as you learn a ton (I know I have), just make sure you pick a film you really love because you're gunna be spending a lot of time freeze framing!

I'll post another update when I get to the 60 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment