Tuesday 25 February 2014

New Pencils.

I just got my new Prismacolour Ebony Graphite pencils and boy are they good! I've been looking to invest in some Prismacolour pencils for a while now, namely because I heard that Glen Keane uses them but didn't get around to it until I saw that Nicola Sammarco had rated them a 9/10 for drawing on his blog. I've gotta say, he wasn't wrong, these are the nicest sketching pencils I've ever used! Even better than my previous favorite pencil the Mars Lumograph 7B. The Pencil moves extremely smoothly across paper, especially so on animation paper and can range from a very delicate light tone to near black. Not only is it great for line work but I find that it is also extremely effective at filling in large areas of tone. Highly recommended!



Here are just a selection of some of the drawings I got out of these fine new pencils!





 



No comments:

Post a Comment